PUBG is set to go into Season 5 with the 5.1 update, bringing plenty of big changes and updates to players. Let’s experience PUBG Season 5 on the test server now!
PUBG Season 4 has passed over, and now is the time to welcome a new season – PUBG Season 5 with many updates as well as a wide range of upgrades that improve the gameplay. One of the most important details brought to you by the latest PUBG PC Update 5.1 is Miramar update, together with Survivor Pass: Badlands, Community Mission and more.
Are you ready for PUBG Season 5 update? Let’s take a deeper look into Miramar for a season that is packed with new strategies, hotspots, and content. PUBG Miramar map will let you try brand new challenges when you have to conquer new ramps with impediments. In addition, you can also attack enemies much better with melee weapons that are now throwable. No more waiting! Let’s dive into the patch notes below to find out all the new things in this latest season. But first, you can watch the video below featuring a new message from Executive Producer TS Jang about season 5 of PUBG game!
What’s new in PUBG PC Update 5.1?
New updates for PUBG Miramar
- Added an LA Muerte Vamos Track
- PUBG Season 5 now includes a race track – the venue for A La Muerte Vamos in Miramar.
- There are some objects added to the track too, such as loops, ramps, jumps, and signboards, which can be seen across Miramar.
- New Gold Mirado
- PUBG Miramar now also features a Gold Mirado. This is a brand new car that you can only see at the garage in Hacienda del Patron.
- Already made an adjustment to some terrain in Hacienda del Patrol. The purpose of this adjustment is to allow you to ride the new Gold Mirado out safely.
- In each match, there is only one Gold Mirado.
- Miramar now becomes much cleaner
- Small objects and trash were eliminated out of buildings to lessen clutter and players can now move much easier when looting items.
Miramar item spawn balance improvement
- There was an increase in the spawn rates of some weapons and scopes effective at long range. The purpose of this increase is to better fit the long-range battles that normally took place throughout Miramar.
- AR – 12% increase
- DMR – 29% increase
- SR – 42% increase
- Win94 – 30% increase
- Scopes – 18% increase
- There was a 31% reduction in the pistol spawn race
- There was a slight increase in the spawn rates of helmets, bags, and vests.
- Already placed some Vending Machines in Miramar and Camp Jackal to bring a brand new looting experience to players instead of commonly collecting items dotted on the floor.
- From Vending Machines, you can find Painkillers and Energy Drinks
- You can only get access to Vending Machines in Miramar and Camp Jackal.
- Vending Machines appear randomly at set areas in Miramar.
- Areas: Gas stations, Casino, Arenas, Motels, and commercial buildings.
- You can always catch sight of Vending Machines at the warehouse and gas station in Camp Jackal.
- Vending Machines appear randomly at set areas in Miramar.
- If you are in luck, lots of Energy Drinks can be distributed by the Vending Machines at the same time.
- Vending Machines can be used as cover, but be careful when you do this. Being protected by the top-notch anti-theft technology, dealing damage to the machine may cause your location to be uncovered to the enemy.
Survivor Pass: Badlands
Are you ready for the return of Survivor Pass? Together with PUBG Season 5 Royale Pass, there are brand new PUBG Season 5 Rewards, missions and improved systems brought to you in this Survivor Pass: Badlands. Make sure you will not skip the new community missions that allow players to play together to explore the secret story of Miramar.
Community Mission System
Regardless of buying PUBG Premium Pass or not, all players are able to play together to make the Community accomplishment gauge full. After that, they will receive awesome skin rewards in the game as well as unravel the secret story of Miramar.
- By searching for brand new mystery collectibles on the Battlegrounds, you can make the mission gauge full quickly.
- If you find and unlock special Cardboard boxes, you can loot one of the three discrepant objects.
- After they have been collected, they will be indicated on the Community Mission accomplishment gauge as follows:
- Disc piece: This considers as 1 point toward Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: This considers as 2 points toward Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: This considers as 3 points toward Community Missions Goal
- In the inventory, you can see the number of discs you already have.
- Be sure to have a look at your contribution points to the community missions from the community mission tab of Survivor Pass.
- Melee and Badlands are the two tracks of PUBG Season Missions.
- Melee Track: The missions that are combined contain 2 missions each (which means 4 missions in total) utilizing melee weapons, gifting 2 melee weapon skins.
- Badlands Track: The missions that are combined contain 4 missions each (which means 8 missions in total), gifting 2 Miramar related skins
- During PUBG Season 5, you will have a chance to gain a great deal of XP by advancing through missions. The Progression Missions contains 3 mission tracks and one track for obtaining some milestones.
- Track 1, 2: A wide range of 10 missions with difficulty being increased through over time, and they are accessible for all players.
- Track 3: A wide range of 12 missions with difficulty being increased through over time, and they are only for the ones who bought the Premium Pass.
- Milestone: Missions for obtaining some achievements in relation to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- For instance: Finish 100 total daily missions
- The high-level challenge missions usually come with rewards using designated weapons
- First mission of every track: Regardless of buying Premium Pass or not, try to reach some Survivor Pass levels (5, 10, 15, 20, 25) to gain a T-Shirt reward.
- Second mission of every track: You have to get the weapon specific missions done while putting on the T-Shirt you have earned from the first mission.
- Remaining mission in every track: Different weapon specific missions.
New level-up items for Premium pass mission rewards
- Added level-up items for one of the premium pass mission rewards.
- These items are non-marketable, and they will be activated when the next season (Season 6) starts.
Survivor Title System
With the coming of Survivor Title System Season 5, there will be some alterations to the Survivor Points (SP) system.
- At the start of PUBG Season 5, players will get rewards for Survivor Title System Season 4
- There will be a soft reset for SP. Your performance in PUBG Season 4 will also be counted towards your beginning SP in Season 5.
- Made a rebalance to Survivor Point:
- Beginner (1 point) ~ Expert (5000 points)
- There was an increase in the amount of SP earned each match, which helps players increase their titles much easier.
- No points will be lost in this SP bracket, which is the same as the former season.
- Survivor (Over 6000 points)
- For the players of Survivor rank, both kills and placement will be considered. Some of their SP will be lost if their placement is in the bottom 30% overall in a match.
- You cannot let your SP below 6000.
- Beginner (1 point) ~ Expert (5000 points)
A note from developers: After paying close attention to the existing system, the developers have come to realize that players could gain Lone Survivor rank by just engaging in a lot of matches, even though they got not-so-good results. Hence, from PUBG Season 5, a brand new system will be added to the game, in which the SP of Survivor or higher ranked players will be reduced in each match they don’t play well. Hopefully, Survivor and Lone Survivor ranks will be better represented as finished titles for the ones who have been playing so hard to get them.
The return of Win94
PUBG Win94 is now reborn with brand new upgrades. It will be armed with an irremovable 2.7 scope. Other specs still remain the same.
- Win94 now becomes an exclusive weapon in Miramar.
- A feature that allows throwing items to teammates is also added.
A feature that lets players throw some requested items to their teammates is added to PUBG Season 5
- When healing or ammo items are requested by a teammate via radio messages (the mouse wheel scroll), you will see an icon popping up above their head. This icon allows other teammates to throw the requested items to them quickly. To perform this action, simply use the interact button (F).
- You are able to throw the items at a maximum of 15m.
- As you sprint or when you are in a position that is hard to reach, you may not receive the items thrown by your teammates, instead, the items will drop nearby.
- The items that you receive from your teammates will be directly put into your inventory.
- If your inventory has no free space left, the thrown items will be fallen on the ground at your feet.
A feature that allows throwing melee weapons is also added to Season 5
- All PUBG melee weapons are now throwable to deal damage to opponents.
- Your inventory now contains a wide range of melee weapons stacked. You are able to carry a lot of melee weapons at the same time.
- When being thrown, there are two discrepant melee damage kinds:
- Machete, Crowbar, Sickle: 40m is the maximum throwing distance for these melee weapons, and depending on the distance, the amount of damage will be lessened from 75 to 25.
- Pan: 30m is the maximum throwing distance, which is shorter than the first kind mentioned above. Based on distance, the damage range will be from 90 to 40.
- You have to attack enemies within 15m for dishing out the most damage to them. Damage will start decreasing from a 15-30/40m distance.
- One melee throw to the head is able to slay the enemies without helmets from within 15m distance.
- While holding a melee weapon, just simply press RMB then press LMB to throw your weapon.
- You will see a trajectory arc when aiming, which is similar to grenades.
Specific alterations for Erangel
- You will not see the Red Zones after Phase 3 anymore.
- There was a slight increase in vehicle spawn rates on regular and mountain roads.
Customize UI improvement
- Categories have been combined by the item type. Also, with the appearance of a filter feature, players can easily have a look at each item type.
- You are able to check multi-slot (Top+bottoms, Hair+face, etc) items from private categories and multi-slot category.
- According to the feedback of players, it is kind of hard to click the back button. Therefore, there was a change made to the size and the location of the button for an easier click.
- After obtaining one or more new items, you will see the number of obtained items shown by the highest category (e.g. wardrobe, weapon, gear) and a yellow marker will be shown by the sub category (e.g. head, torso, legs, feet) when the new items come into your inventory.
Store UI improvement
- When you cannot buy items for not having enough in-game currency, you will see a button to transfer to the charging page rather than the purchase button.
In-game UI improvement
- Made an improvement to the firing mode display so now you can see the ammo information with more details.
- Made an improvement to the in-game key guide icon.
- Added a new animation to the system menu while players hover over some options.
- Made a change to some on-screen text shown in Training Mode in order to suit the mode much better.
- Made an optimization to the cities in PUBG Erangel. This will help better some hitching and freezing issues.
- Cities in Erangel have been optimized to improve some hitching and freezing issues.
- Made an optimization to the physics engine of vehicles to make client and server performance better.
- There was a reduction in driving sound volume for some vehicles.
- UAZ, Snowbike, Bike, Zima, Mirado, Motorbike w/ Sidecar, Minibus, and BRDM-2
- There was also a reduction in the audible range, frequency, and volume of the insect buzzing sound that could be heard in some buildings.
- There was a reduction in the volume of water-related ambient sounds, even including the wave and river sounds.
- Made a change to the sound of Ledge Grab on wooden and metal objects. This change was made to suit the material much better.
PUBG Zombie Mode now has new limited presets
A wide range of new settings was finally attached to the Zombie mode to make it much better from the last patch.
- Zombie Elimination: Humans that surrender to their zombie attacks will turn themselves into zombies in this variation of Zombie mode.
- There will be only one team that can be Human with other players playing as Zombies
- When under attack by a zombie, humans will become infected. If the infected human is destroyed, they will change into a zombie after a certain period of time.
- Zombie Survival: You have to get through the mayhem for as long as possible and bring the glory to humans by remaining alive until the end of the battle.
- The time limit was triggered. The victory will go to humans when any human survivor remains alive when the timer is finished.
- Humans will be infected if they were attacked by a zombie. When an infected human player is destroyed, they will transform into a zombie after a certain period of time.
- Zombies are now able to respawn
- Zombie Royale: This is like another classic battle royale game but with a twist. Survivors will turn into zombies after getting destroyed.
- The player that stays alive until the end of the match will become the winner based on the basic rules of Battle Royale.
- The rules on the circle as well as rules for spawn setting are the same as the public match.
- All players will become infected once touching on the ground. Therefore, when one person is destroyed, they will become a zombie and is able to engage in the match one more time.
- The official PUBG Partners are the only ones who are able to make games with these new presets. Now, you can have fun playing the new zombie mode with your preferred PUBG Partners!
War Mode (Platoon battle option) and War Mode: Conquest now have ground respawn
PUBG War Mode (Platoon battle option) and War Mode: Conquest had no movement path or front line that was generated, although the modes are just 1:1 matches between two teams. Because it was so hard to play with strategies after spawning from the plane, an option has just been added to permit players to spawn from the ground without using the parachutes, and also they are able to respawn on the ground after getting destroyed.
- You will be able to respawn on the ground by default if you pick “Platoon Battle” in the battle scale options.
- Respawn types now have 4 options which include the primary air-dropping option, and three other options that have just newly added:
- Death location
- This option allows you to respawn on the location you died after a certain period of time
- Starting location
- This option allows you to respawn on the preset starting location a period of time after dying.
- Chosen respawning location
- This option allows you to respawn on the chosen location after dying. You can pick the location at any time throughout gameplay from the beginning location, or teammate or the taken location.
- If the chosen taken location becomes vacant, and hence you didn’t choose it, the respawn location automatically switches to the nearest taken location or the starting location.
- If the chosen teammate gets destroyed and he/she is not selected, the respawn location automatically switches to the starting location.
- The official PUBG Partners are the only ones that are able to make games using these new presets. This means you can experience the new spawning rules with your preferred PUBG Partners.
- Death location
- You can set the respawn time at your will in the option.
An option was added to restrict the throwables amount in Custom Match
- Thanks to the option added to the Custom Match, now the host is able to set the maximum amount of throwables for each player.
Made an improvement to observing UI
- An improvement was made to some elements, such as name layouts, team lists, kill feeds, and player lists UIs.
To celebrate the PUBG Global Championship that is going to be organized in this November, many different themes elements were added to the game. There will be a special alteration made to the lobby of the game throughout the PGC 2019 season.
Click here for more information about PUBG Global Championship 2019
- PUBG Global Championship decals and billboards in Miramar were all added.
- A PGC 2019 plane banner was also added.
- The development team has completed all the work on the Erangel Hall of Fame sited the north of Shelter.
- Multiple elements were added to the game to commemorate the moments from the PUBG Global Invitational 2018. Maybe more special elements will be added to the Hall of Fame in the forthcoming time.
- The light balance of Vikendi was adjusted to decrease overall glare.
Made an update to the replay system. Now, players cannot use the replay files from former updates anymore.
- Made a solution to an issue with constant collision noises when a vehicle stays unmoved against objects or terrain.
- Fixed a visual bug about specific coat skin that kept moving strangely while in the lobby.
- Solved an issue in which weapons do not appear in the inventory of players in War Mode and War Mode: Conquest settings when some equipment kits are chosen.
- Fixed a bug in which frame drop happens infrequently in Training mode.
- Fixed a bug in which dynamic weather effects would fade away for players that had when reconnected to a battle after being disconnected.
- Fixed a bug in which there were not any footstep sounds when a player walked through some water puddles.
- Fixed a bug in which the chambering animation did not indicate the number of loaded bullets when calling off the S1897 reload.
- Made a fix to a problem in which melee weapon damage was not used for vehicles.
- Already fixed a bug when observing that made backpack and vest status fade away incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug in which players cannot hear their own crouched footsteps occasionally while barefoot and making moves in a puddle.
- Fix a visual bug that had an influence on the feet look of the character when putting on Leo Jumpsuit and Ghillie Suit together.